Saturday, May 19, 2012

Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Muffins

I've been missing New England, and particularly Martha's Vineyard,
like crazy lately. Unfortunately this summer I won't be able to travel
up there as far as I'm aware of now, which makes me very sad. But that
still doesn't mean I can't have a taste of Martha's Vineyard within my 
very own home... that's where these mouth-watering muffins came in!


 I baked a batch of these this afternoon and they just screamed to me 
walks along the shore, beach rose, cape homes, ship's sail...
New England!
The recipe, courtesy of the island's Ashley Inn, is as follows...

- - - Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Muffins - - -

Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup pure maple syrup
2 large eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Steps
1. Grease and flour muffin tins and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, cream, sugar, syrup, and vanilla.
3. In a second bowl, mix flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of this flour mixture and toss with the blueberries.
5. Add the remaining flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir thoroughly.
6. Fold in the the blueberry mixture.
7. Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling them about 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

- - - - - - - - - -

If this isn't enough to satisfy your 
New England cravings, guess what?...

The Ashley Inn is offering a  
Memorial Day Weekend Special!
$470 for two nights in a queen-sized room with
private bath, cable tv, and WiFi. Also included in
rate are two full breakfasts... sounds good to me!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Erin. Those muffins sound fabulous! I was so happy to see your post. You really need to MOVE to New England (eventually). We need people like you who love the area and appreciate all the fabulous things it has to offer! Nice to hear from you via your post. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! How nice it would be to head to Martha's Vineyard next week-end! I, too, am a fan of New England, yet have only been able to travel there twice.
    The muffin recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I love anything with maple syrup and these muffins sound heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try the muffins. I thought I might get to the Vineyard this Spring but it didn't happen. Maybe I can stay a few nights in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound amazing and I just happen to have all the ingredients (well frozen blueberries...) yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails