Friday, July 30, 2010

B&B Friday (7/30/10)!


Happy Friday, all!
Have anything interesting planned this weekend?

---

1.
(Jamaica, VT)

"Peacefully set among the Green Mountains, this Southern Vermont Country Inn overlooks the woodlands and trails of Jamaica State Park and is just minutes away from Stratton, Bromley and Magic Mountain Ski areas.
With its wide-planked pine walls known as "King's Wood" and massive center chimney with multiple fireplaces, the Three Mountain Inn has an abundance of history and a sense of luxury.
Whether you enjoy a romantic dinner in our award winning restaurant, relax by one of the many fireplaces, indulge in a three-course breakfast, or explore the various outdoor possibilities; the Three Mountain Inn, A Southern Vermont Country Bed and Breakfast, will revive your senses."

Rates: $169-235

2.
(Clinton, CT)

"This c.1734 National Historic Register Connecticut bed & breakfast is a colonial charmer in Clinton, Connecticut, a quintessential New England shoreline village steeped in colonial history, beautiful harbors, rivers & beaches. Ideally situated on the picturesque Liberty Green of Clinton, CT, once a militia muster field & Revolutionary War encampment visited by General Washington & Lafayette! We are a short stroll to:  the quaint village shops, antiquing, restaurants, cafes, coffeehouses, old house museums, live theater, spas, art galleries, summer concerts and fairs, farmers market, canoe/kayak rental/launch site, fishing spots, and the beach!  This charming Connecticut bed and breakfast, features 4 elegantly decorated & romantically furnished rooms, each with a queen or king canopy bed, 2-person jacuzzi, private bath, sitting area, cable TV, DVD, hi-speed wireless, & a delicious home-made breakfast! You may enjoy your breakfast in our country kitchen, or on our front porch overlooking the Liberty Green."

Rates: $135-220

3.
(Lenox, MA)

"Birchwood Inn, which has been welcoming friends since 1767, is the only  Lenox Inn on the National Register of Historic Places.
Secluded among white birches, stately oaks, and towering pines, this bed and breakfast inn has the pastoral stillness of a country morning yet is only a short walk to the celebrated restaurants, shops, galleries of historic Lenox.
Antiques, collectibles, quilts, and featherbeds are very much at home in our 12-guest room Colonial Revival mansion with seven working fireplaces."

Rates: $175-345
---------

Enjoy your weekend!

17 comments:

  1. They all look so inviting, but I think I like the Lenox Mass. one the best.The bed looks really cozy and those little tables for dining are very elegant. Nice selections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Birchwood best, too. But not the snowy pic of the inn. I can't believe tomorrow is August. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean the day after tomorrow. Even thinking about winter is messing with my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snowy shot. I do love winter snow.

    As for weekend plans, I think I might make the trip to Providence to see Waterfire. I've always wanted to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liberty Green B&B looks so cozy and quaint. Love it! And the first picture of it with the fall foliage made my heart skip a beat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh..I love them all but especially the Birchwood Inn, who would not just really fall in love with that B&B??

    Our day will be celebrated by staying inside. It is terrible 'hot & humid' here in Iowa:( Maybe a good movie?? hummmmm

    Blessings......
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. erin...that tree at liberty...i would give an arm for that tree in my garden....omg....

    love it

    and the one in the snow...i LOVE all of it...
    i am a NEW ENGLAND GIRL...all the way

    happy last day of july...and you know what that means...august...and then....

    :-)
    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these houses. they remind me of my treks in the new england snow to see walden pond..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful B&B's again.
    Thank you for your comments and to answer your question on the inn on P.E.I. it is a beautiful inn in a small village near good beaches. I think you would love it-I do drive by's but have not been in it for a long time and only the old inn, not the new carriage house.
    Prince Edward Island is beautiful-I think you would love to visit and I even know of a nice garden to visit.Ha!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right about now snow looks good to anyone on Long Island. We have had an unusually hot and dry summer. Old houses do something for me. Nice photos,

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi erin....someone else asked me for the tortellini recipe today too. i just made it up. i used pasta sheets and the filling was just pumpkin, mascarpone cheese, nutmeg, s&p, cinnamon and a little sugar. the sauce was diced scallions sauteed in browned butter with a lot of chopped fresh sage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #3 is my favorite! I'm not a big fan of snow anymore after living in PGH for 15 years but I would certainly suffer in one of those B&B's for a long weekend. Soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a friend who is moving to Jamaica Vt....I had never heard of it....and now a b and b from there....:)----<

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Erin! I love all your charming New England photos! I feel as though I have gotten out of the shop for a while and enjoy what I moved to New England for, thru you!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your lovely words on the piece I painted. I really hope to meet you some day. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being a history nut and a GW admirer I'd chose the Liberty Green Inn!

    I ♥ Susan Branch and I'm also Yankee Magazine subscriber even though I've always lived in NYC! I'm becoming a follower so I can go to NE vicariously with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. saw you at octoberfarm this morning and came by to see what was up....always get a HAPPY off your blog....

    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, the second one is my favorite. Of course, it may have something to do with the shots being taken in the fall, my favorite time of year. No, that's not just it. It's a beautiful place and I just love it. I can't wait to come to New England!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails