Friday, March 26, 2010

B&B Friday (3/26/10)!

Happy Friday, all!

1.
(Durham, NH)

"Built in 1649 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Three Chimneys Inn is one of the oldest homes in the State. Having undergone extensive renovations in the early 90’s, it now serves as a bed & breakfast offering 23 guest rooms, dining and entertainment. In addition, Three Chimneys Inn hosts many weddings, social events and corporate conferences.
Located just an hour from Boston, 45 minutes from Manchester · Boston Regional Airport and minutes from Portsmouth, Three Chimneys Inn is a hidden gem on the seacoast. Delicious food and personable service has earned top billing from The Phantom Gourmet, accolades in Yankee Magazine and features on New Hampshire Chronicle."

Rates: $129-209

2.
(Hyde Park, VT)

"The Fitch Hill Inn Bed and Breakfast, situated among the Green Mountains of Vermont, sits on a hillside above Hyde Park Village, near Stowe, Smuggler's Notch and the Northeast Kingdom. Come and experience the tranquility of our 18th century home.
Enjoy a relaxing stay thanks to our quiet, off-highway location. The inn is located on a paved residential street just ¼ mile off of Vermont Routes 15 and 100. There are over three acres of lawn, flower gardens, and woods, plus spectacular views of the Green Mountains. In the morning we will lavish you with a delicious, three-course breakfast and each evening you will be welcomed with tea and cookies or other treats. Inside there are three common areas, including our living room with its wood stove in the cooler months, where you can read, play board games or cards, watch TV or view one of nearly 200 videos. Outside you can enjoy two covered porches and a three-level deck. Come and relax away from the everyday world or rest up after a busy day enjoying Northern Vermont's many activities and attractions."

Rates: $99-189

3.
(Blue Hill, ME)

"At the Blue Hill Inn, individualized guest attention is the first priority.  Staff are available to make suggestions, assist with itineraries, help with directions, and make reservations.  Staff are familiar with the area and can direct guests to great boating, live music, beautiful picnic spots, husband-friendly shopping, and delicious lobster rolls.
Our breakfasts are designed with guests in mind.  Choices range from vacation decadent to watching one’s waistline.  Special menus to accommodate individual food allergies or restrictions are easily arranged.
Innkeeper Sarah Pebworth and the staff of the inn personally see to the details of each guest’s stay.
Located on an acre of land in the center of the village of Blue Hill and a block from the head of Blue Hill Bay, the inn is one of 76 structures on the National Register of Historic Places. Shade trees, a perennial garden, and a small grove of fruit trees enhance the grounds.
A Federal period building, the Blue Hill Inn has eleven guest rooms, a dining room, and two parlors. It retains many of its original features, including clapboards, nine over six windows, wide pumpkin pine floor boards, and six fireplaces. Adjacent to the inn is the recently developed Cape House, with two larger, more modern suites with kitchens."

Rates: $155-295

----------

Have a nice weekend!

8 comments:

  1. There is something on my blog for you:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful B & B's.. thanks for sharing...

    have a wonderful weekend.......

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful...I wouldn't mind staying at them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin...well this was a breath of fresh air. i love all of it so much. so good to see you today at Farmhouse...

    i won't lie to ya...this just about did me in...some days i had my doubts. this just left me flat. what an ordeal. i had a kitty from 1980 to 2000...20 years..a silver persian named Schuggie. i got her from a filthy, dumpy pet store...i don't even know why..i was just walking by one day and saw her in the window and took her home...and, naturally she was really sick. the vet said to put her down..but i said no...and she was my BEST FRIEND for 20 years. She died July 2000 and I miss her everyday. My best friend, Julie of Julie Whitmore Pottery made a beautiful little jar for her ashes...and I visit her everyday.Everyday. Pets just steal your heart.

    Losing Buddy was just horrible as you can imagine. I know I can NEVER, EVER replace him...but I have so much love to give another..there is a hole in my heart..waiting for little Teddy...

    You are one of my favorite blogs to visit and I can't wait to share Teddy with you.

    Sending you love my friend,
    Kary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin,

    Just discovered your blog - LOVE it! Please stop by my little blog sometime when you get a chance - we have many similar interests!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're making me fall in love with my home all over again! Right now it's a typical rainy muddy early spring in Portland, Maine, but I have narcissus that's a foot high and ready to bud, and pretty lavender crocus dotting my side lawn. Your blog is beautiful and celebrates the best of living here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to stay in anyone of those Erin!
    I have been to New England twice, and I love it! Especially Maine, it reminds me of Wisconsin being mostly rural. Great Post!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! That's my inn! I'm the innkeeper at the Blue Hill Inn. Maine is great, I have to admit. The joke is, "Were you born in Maine?" "No, but I got here just as fast as I could!" What a lovely, fun blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails